Library Catalog: Locations in the Library Catalog
Each Library Catalog entry gives you information concerning a book’s call number, location and status. Here is an example:
|Title||Social work treatment : interlocking theoretical approaches / edited by Francis J. Turner|
|Imprint||New York : Free Press, c1996|
|MSASS Reserve||HV37.S579 1996||CHECK SHELVES|
|MSASS Stacks||HV37.S579 1996 c.2||DUE 08-06-07|
The Library Catalog contains holdings from all Case Western Reserve University libraries, so to successfully retrieve a book you first need to find out where it is located on campus. The following location codes are used for campus libraries.
Allen Memorial Medical Library. The medical library is located at the corner of Euclid Avenue and Adelbert Road.
The Health Center Library. Located near the Nursing School off of Cornell Road.
The Judge Ben C. Green Law Library. Located in The Law School’s Gund Hall, on Ford Road, diagonally across from the MSASS building.
The Lillian F. & Milford J. Harris Library of the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences. Located on the second floor of the Mandel School building at the corner of Ford Road and Bellflower Road.
The Kelvin Smith Library. Located next to the Thwing Student Center at Euclid Avenue and East Boulevard.The Kelvin Smith Library contains the University Library’s collections.
To get more information concerning hours and phone numbers click on the Case Libraries button in the navigation bar of the main Library Catalog screen, then click on the specific name of the library.You will also find links to each library’s hours information at the bottom of the Harris Library Hours web page.
MSASS Location Codes
Items within the MSASS Harris Library collection are housed in different parts of the library. The following location codes are used in the Harris Library:
- Media: Video and audio cassettes, DVD’s, and other types of media material
are kept behind the circulation desk. Videos and DVD’s circulate for two nights only; audio cassettes may be checked out for the same loan periods as books.
- Newsletters: Newsletters received by the Harris Library are housed at the end of the current journals or on the nearby shelves under the windows. Some newsletters are also on the current journal shelves. Newsletters do not circulate.
- Nonprofit Room: Materials with this location code are housed in the Nonprofit Studies Resource Room (the glass enclosed room on the upper level of the Harris Library). Pamphlets may be checked out; journals and newsletters do not circulate.
- Oversize: These are larger books in the Harris Library’s collection. They are shelved with the other books in the stacks.
- Pamphlets: Primarily publications that are 49 pages in length or less. Arranged by topic they are located on the upper level of the library in cardboard black boxes.
- Quick Reference: Quick Reference books are used frequently by students and staff. These are located on the shelves along the windows and have a Reference sticker. They cannot be checked out.
- Reference: Regular reference books are shelved with the circulating books in
the stacks and have a LIBRARY USE ONLY sticker. They cannot be checked out.
- Reserve: Items on reserve for MSASS courses are kept behind the circulation
desk and can be checked out for one or two hours at a time. Overnight reserves may be checked out one hour before closing and are due within one hour of opening the next day.
- Stacks: The location code for all books in the regular collection that can
be checked out.