Computer Lab Policies
All students will be made aware of the computer lab’s policies and procedures during orientation and are expected to abide by them when using the lab. Disregarding the policies and procedures will result in the suspension of lab use privileges.
- The MSASS Harris Library Computer Lab is open during the same hours that the Harris Library is open, except when it is being used for instructional purposes, andwill close 15 minutes before the Library closes. Lab users are expected to finish and be logged out by that time.
- Lab users are required to log-in and log-out of the lab computers.
- In the event that there is a waiting line for lab computers, users will be asked to leave on a “first-in, first-out” basis.
- All printing will be done through the copy machine on the lower level of the Harris Library and will be charged the same as photocopies. Printing requires use of cash or your “CASEcash” card to release the print job.
- Computers left unattended for more than 10 minutes will be shut down and made available to other individuals waiting to use the lab. No attempt will be made to save any data.
- Personal data must be saved to a flash drive or disk; the lab machines do not permit saving to the hard drive.
- No MSASS faculty, staff or lab technicians are responsible for any loss of data for any reason while users are using any MSASS computers including the lab computers.
- The Computer Lab telephone is not available for users and messages will not be accepted in the lab.
- No eating, drinking, smoking or chewing tobacco is permitted in the lab.
- No software is to be downloaded or copied to or from any MSASS computer including those in the lab.